If a family member has passed as a result of the accident, the spouse and dependants of the deceased are entitled to claim death benefits as well as funeral cost reimbursement from the auto insurer.
The accident benefits insurer is required to pay the following death benefits for fatal accidents:
- $25,000 – $50,000 to the victim’s spouse – depending on the coverage purchased.
- $10,000 – $20,000 to each former supported spouse – depending on the coverage purchased.
- $10,000 – $20,000 to each of the victim’s dependants. This may be more depending on coverage.
- $10,000 – $20,000 to the person on whom the victim was dependent.
- Up to $6,000 – $8,000 in funeral expenses – depending on coverage purchased.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Ontario and would like to receive more information on the income replacement Benefit, call Pranzitelli Law Firm and we will be happy to discuss it further.
With Accident Benefits claims, come onerous and copious amount of forms to complete on an ongoing basis, along with stringent deadlines that must be adhered to. This can be a massive source of stress for claimants. To further complicate matters, accident benefits are constantly changing under the STATUTORY ACCIDENT BENEFITS SCHEDULE, O. Reg. 34/10. At Pranzitelli Law Firm, we handle all of your Accident Benefits forms, as well, we take over all communication with the insurance company on your behalf. This way, you can focus on what matters, getting the proper treatment and taking the steps to recovery without distraction.